Thursday, November 24, 2011

My day of Thanks

Another Thanksgiving has come upon us.  A time to reflect what we are thankful for, perhaps wonder who is thankful for us, or even sometimes admit what we are not thankful for.

I am thankful for the following:

My Friends
I have torched bridges and left nothing but smoldering ash and yet people have found in in their heart to let me back in.  They share my good times & let me cry to them during my bad times.  In particular - Susie, Wally, Lisa, Tania, Kim & yes even Fred. I would be lost without them!

My Son
His is my blonde haired, blue eyed ray of sunshine that makes everything worth while.  He is smart, cute, wise, funny & his hugs can melt away even the worst days.

The Ex
Yes, I am thankful for him. He still helps me out a lot.  He is the father of my son & the person I have spent the past 13 years of my life with,  Til death do us part may not be what it ended up as, but I would rather have him as the friend I am not with anymore than the enemy I can't stand to be with.

My Room-mates
V gave me a place to live even though I didn't fit the demographic of his household.  My room has become my haven and I no longer feel like I am living in someone else's house. N. moved in and gave the place a womanly touch. She gave me things to make my room less utilitarian and more homelike. They are both great people and I LOVE being around them (when I am actually ever home).

My PS3
It has been my source of amusement for many hours while I adjusted to being single. I still find Harry Potter to be my main man & now I must get years 5-7!

My Job
Let me get past the 6 month mark as I don't want to jinx it. But I am so thankful to be employed at such an amazing company

Facebook
This may sound silly, but it has helped me reconnect with many people I may not have found otherwise since most of my friends are on that side of the Mississippi.

Sargento Reduced Fat String Cheese
It's my weakness - what can I say?  There are worse things out there to binge on when having a bad day - at least I am getting my recommended value of calcium

YOU - yes you my reader
You have given me a reason to voice my opinions, share my adventures and well - just get some things out of my system in a humorous format.  I hope you enjoy reading this as much I enjoy writing it.  I love that I have seen people from the UK & Russia reading it.

I shall not reflect on what I am NOT thankful for, though I do have a few things.  That is not what this is intended for.  If you celebrate Thanksgiving - I hope you have a great holiday.  If you do not celebrate it (my UK, Australian & Russian readers) you can still reflect on what you are thankful for and have a great day.  After all - we should always take time to appreciate the good things we have no matter what the day!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I hope that you have a good day today! Yes, I do enjoy reading each day, gives me something to look forward to! Eat some turkey for me today, still cannot eat hardly anything....but it will get better. In the mean time I can enjoy some forced weight loss and maybe get a date??? hahaha

    ReplyDelete