Friday, August 9, 2013

#BirthdayApocalypse

I don't know why it isn't trending, but it should be.  Then again maybe I am the only one having one.

I usually LIVE for my birthday.  Presents, sweets of some sorts, a rocking karaoke party.  Well two out of the three isn't bad.  What it boils down to it that no woman should EVER have to celebrate her birthday week with her hormonal Aunt Flo.  That bitch ruins everything!

Sunday 
Brunch with my son and his dad.  Sure there that looming "are we or aren't we getting back together" question that hung like a rain cloud over Charlie Brown's head, but it didn't dampen my day.  My son's best friend spilling his frozen yogurt all over himself and my cloth seats did, but that is another story.  Any time I get with my son is a good time.

Monday 
Aunt Flo was in full effect gnashing her terrible teeth and baring her terrible claws.I spent the day in turmoil and confusion over the whole are we or aren't we because I knew I had a decision to make.  I just didn't know which way to go.  So I did what any irrational hormonal female would do.  Binged on chocolate fro yo and start a fight with Boot Camp Guy.  He was the easiest part of the equation to rid from my brain.  I went to bed feeling like crap.

Tuesday 
I decided that I should not get back together with my son's dad.  It was a hard decision, but I made it and it was mostly final.  Then there was Boot Camp Guy to deal with.  He deserved an explanation as to why I was acting like a raving lunatic (well more so than usual).  So he made me a nice dinner and then we had a chat.  WOWEE it didn't go as expected.  I went in with the mindset that I know what his deal is, but I could wait him out.  I left in tears because somehow it ended.  I even gave back the present he gave me for my birthday.  I later regretted it only because he had given me a gift certificate to a fro yo place and well it has replaced my ice cream addiction.  In the end, he had too much on his plate there wasn't really room for me. My friends tell me it's either for the best, or I was totally irrational and an idiot for essentially ending it with Boot Camp Guy.  I now feel worse and more confused than before.  Why can't I ever just get a "wow that sucks, are you ok?"  If I can't get cupcakes for my birthday, then I should at least be allowed a small pity party.

Wednesday  
Yay - Happy Birthday - NOT.  I lost two guys in one day. Everything was just kind a random blur. Reeling from the idea that I was actually going to be alone on my birthday - I told my son's dad we should reopen discussions since Boot Camp Guy was sadly now out of the picture  I discovered my license was gone and this was needed or there was no free dinner at Benihana. I sent Boot Camp Guy a few wah wah wah texts which just made me feel worse when he responded because it made the end too real.  When I got to work my desk wasn't decorated because the secretary who does it is out for the week.  None of my secretaries even gave me so much as a card.  I did get a few things from a few other people which made me feel special because they were from people who usually don't get me anything.  I left work early and went home to scour for that damn license.  No dice.  It was gone baby gone.  So I spent 2.5 hours at the Department of Motor Vehicles to replace the damn thing.  I did get my dinner at Benihana which was one of two bright spots.  The other one was that I won the family Sorry game.  My son said he didn't want us to get back together which made the discussions interesting,

Thursday  
One slip of the lip and it nailed the coffin shut in the ex discussion.  So I spent all of Thursday feeling like crap because now I have no shot at my family, Boot Camp Guy seems to be history and I am alone.  

Friday.  
The dust is settling.  I get my son tonight and I shall not think about either the ex or Boot Camp Guy even though parts of me want both of them back.  

Saturday
This will be my karaoke birthday party and the only thing standing between me and a drunken stupor is the hunt for red patent leather heels.  I'm envisioning the naughty 1940's housewife look this year.  Elegant glamour with some rocking cleavage.  Don't forget the tiara.  I'm not exactly feeling warrior princess, but I am never one to shy away from the center of attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment