Monday, April 22, 2013

I Must Be a Glutton for Punishment

The ex and I got into a fight.  It's cool - we were more than due.  I had been there for a week straight as I was hiding out from my housemate who was probably oblivious to that fact.  I was sent home at 8:30 in the morning and I went straight back to bed.  I slept until 1:00 pm.  That was CRAZY.  I can't tell you the last time I slept like that which didn't involve me being sick. Having skipped breakfast and fairly certain I would skip dinner; I treated myself to an amazing cheeseburger and vanilla malt then watched Hope Spring because I love Tommy Lee Jones.  Oh yeah, I also had a date.  Believe me when I tell you - the cheeseburger was the highlight of the day.

I am trying to be more opening minded in dating adventures. I normally don't date outside my ethnicity.  Growing up in the Midwest; your exposure to other cultures was minimal save for the odd foreign exchange student who was cooler than you anyways. I just find myself more attracted to white men.  Sorry if that offends.  Code Name Hot Chocolate was Asian and the guy who is trying to test my cougar boundaries is Hispanic.  That is adventurous as I have been dating outside the average white guy.  So when a Persian attorney suggested we go out for a walk on the beach, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and go for it.  I mean at least we had the legal connection in common. I won't go into the fact that I am bit irked by the fact that Persia has been Iran since 1935, so he couldn't possibly be PERSIAN at the age of 40, but that is probably just ignorance on my American Caucasian part.  It was doomed from the start.

He was an hour late.  He said his dog threw up in the car.  My time is valuable (I had laundry that I was waiting to do - hello!).  Both scenarios were off putting.  He showed up in a BMW.  I HATE BMW drivers.  They all seem to have such a sense of entitlement even if it's a crappy 3 Series that is the laughing stock of the manufacturer.  He got out of his car to open my door and his moobs were bigger than mine.  This is saying a lot because I rock an awesome C cup.  Hot on me - not on him.  I was stuck though - so I figured I'd make the best of it and have come up with an excuse to end it early.  I then found out we were meeting one of his friends.  OK, so now I am dealing with a pukey dog, an unattractive, overweight, BMW driving, self entitled jerk who invites a friend on a date?  UGH.  He really was a jerk too outside the typical Beemer driver.  Road rage and total anger issues.  All he talked about was Persian this & Persian that, how crappy California was compared to Texas and then dared to insult my state of Ohio.  Yes it isn't as prestigious as California, but I was born and raised there you moron - show some respect.  After he and his friend argued about bathrooms, I told him I had just gotten a text from the ex and needed to go home to care for my son.  I couldn't have gotten out of the situation fast enough. 

So my plan for a great Sunday out to get my mind of the stupid housemate was a dismal failure yet again.  Why do I keep subjecting myself to this?  Oh yeah - because I write a blog about being single!  The night wasn't a total loss though - I did get my laundry done and there was a Duck Dynasty marathon on.  At least I fell asleep with a hot guy even if it was on the TV (Jase is Rednecklicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment