Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Blogoversary

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.  My little blog turned TWO YEARS OLD and in the whirlwind of trying to get my move coordinated - I missed it!

What a year it has been too! While the first year was more about getting my feet on the ground, this second year was more about actually taking steps and really putting myself out there.

I fell for 3 guys, all completely different and all so not meant to be.  One was my crazy room-mate who apparently was only interested in me when he was wasted.  Once he sobered up and found Jesus, he shunned me like I was Jezebel.  In his world I probably was.  If you remember when Fun Bobby on Friends got sober and he wasn't so fun - yeah that's him!

There was Coast Guard Guy.  He talked a very good game, but couldn't back it up.  When we were together it was amazing, but actually getting him to get together was a task in and of itself.  In the end - it wasn't worth the chase.  I am far too pretty to fall on my face for a man who can't make a reciprocal effort.

Then there was Bootcamp Guy.  I dated him for a whole month and to this day, I am not really sure why. I certainly feel like I was his rebound and it almost seemed like he was slumming it with me. I see him on Facebook with the Toe Ring Tramp and they go places, they take mini vacations and she is going oversees to meet his family next month.  All he ever did with me was take me on one bike ride and out to eat a lot.  He didn't even really put thought into my birthday - he went shopping at a drug store.    Me being stubborn, I  was bound and determined to prove the world wrong by dating a guy who wasn't my type and in the end - got dumped by a man who favors tighty whiteys. (hanging head in shame).  And no, I don't know why I still torture myself by looking up his facebook page to see the time he is having without me.  I never said I wasn't a glutton for punishment!

I had my share of Coffee Interrogations and I learned 1) I HATE coffee interrogations and 2) Beer Interrogations are much better.

While I had my share of younger guys hit on me - only one actually made the cut to get the cougar pass.  While he seemed perfect; I never heard back from him.

I jumped on the fitness treadmill and lost 10 pounds. Then, when I got dumped by Bootcamp Guy, started hanging at the ex's place more and more and fell off the treadmill, gained all the weight back and am now cursing myself for allowing myself to slump.  Once this move is over - I am going to jump back in.  I swear it!  I have a 5k I am supposed to run next month and it will be more of a walk!  My heart just isn't in the training and my foot has been troubling me lately,  Yes, I may be the last one to cross the finish line, but I will FINISH!

This blog cycle is also where I feel like I connected with more of my girlfriends.  KC and I have become very close and I need that.  It is very hard having all my friends on the other side of the states,  It is really awesome to have one close friend close by.  I wasn't sure after my divorce if we would be since she was friends with the ex before I was, but we have more than withstood the test of time.

I still have the Blonde Angel and Redheaded Devil.  I consult them from everything to what I should wear on a coffee interrogation to whether or not this move is wise.  Then I take what I want to hear, weigh it against what I need to hear and act accordingly.  I always have Supermom in the background too, but with two kids of her own and a three hour time difference, out chats are few and far between. Thank goodness for Facebook.

I joined a couple of writing groups on Facebook and these women inspire me to great lengths.  I still can't find the damn flighty muse 90% of the time, but if I could - there isn't a better bunch the gals at Midlife Boulevard and of course Jane Gassner's Midlife Bloggers.

I bought a car, held on to my job yet another year and got a small raise.  I got to see my son star in his school's performance of Aladdin and a cuter Aladdin you will never see (let's hear it for the first grader who got the lead role!)

It was certainly a year of a lot of self growth. I learned a lot about who I am and what I want.  OK, I really don't know what I want and doubt I ever will.  I need to continuing focusing on making myself happy and stop relying on the attention of others to lift me up.

What will the third year of my blog bring?  Who knows!  All I know is I am locked into a fourteen month lease with a man who tolerates me and a kid who I love.  I don't really know how the dating thing is going to work now that I will be living with my ex again. There are no plans for reconciliation, but a break from trying to find love might be well needed. This year has taught me that as much as I think I want love - I am not ready for it.

So bring it on year three!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment