Tuesday, November 5, 2013

To Chop or Not to Chop

There is something in the air in Southern California.  It is perhaps a mild epidemic.  Starlets are cutting their hair.  SHORT.

Beyonce did it a few months ago (but then quickly threw in extensions), Kristin Chenowith and Jennifer Aniston did it last week, but most drastically I think was Pamela Anderson's cut.  Her trademark wavy locks were shorn down to a very short pixie cut.  Some thought it may have been a wig, but I doubt one would sport a wig and a ball cap when running a marathon.


This is my hair today.  I didn't do anything to it.  I don't even think I brushed it.  It's wavy, it's thick and it is everywhere.  If I ever visit your house, don't be mad when a week later your husband comes home with blonde hair on his jacket that isn't yours.  It's my hair infiltrating your life.  I may not have visited the ex's place for a week, yet his vacuum roller will be clogged with my hair.  It is simply omnipotent. 

I have a lot of hair.  When I say a lot I mean A LOT.  When I went as Garth to my Halloween party.  I didn't need a wig.  Just a teasing comb and a lot of Aqua Net. When I eat, I have to pull it back or I get a mouth full of hair with my fork full of dinner.  When I am driving,  I have to pull it back or it gets stuck in my lipgloss.  When I sleep, it has to be pulled to the top of my head either in a bun or valley girl pony tail style or it will try to suffocate me. The ends always look fried no matter how often I get it trimmed.  If 80's hair ever makes a comeback - I am SET!

So now I want to chop mine off.  Badly.  My brain keeps telling me that I have a fat face, that I have a double chin and that I will regret it.  My soul is saying I need a change, that it will be easier to take care of (a little Garnier Surf Wax and I am good to go) and I will save a bundle on the expensive Organix Macadamia Oil shampoo and conditioner I swear by. 

What are your thoughts on what I should do to my golden tresses?




3 comments:

  1. Maybe trim it. I'm jealous as I don't have a lot of hair. So it's a nice problem to have! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I want to go full on pixie - my son FREAKED out at the thought of our hair being the same length. (Apparently mom's aren't supposed to look like boys lol) I think I am going to go for the Aline Jennifer Aniston did. Short in the back and angled down to my shortest layers.

    ReplyDelete