Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sometimes When Life Sucks - You Make Room For Whore Heels in Your Budget

This is the weekend before I turn 42.  To say my weekend has sucked ass so far would be an understatement. No - this is not a total pity party blog post.

August 2012 was SUPPOSED to be the month it all came together.  You know what they say about the best laid plans though.

After I  given 60 days to find a new place, but not allowed to move until after 30 - I found a new place.  One with a pool, a hot tub, a gyms & my own bathroom.  The lady is older so I know my nights will be silent.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the Man Whore room-mate, but damn he's noisy when he's drunk.  The best part is that I can have my son over anytime I want and not have to worry about the noise level or who is coming out of Man Whore's room.

My divorce is SUPPOSED to be final, but the ex keeps filing the paperwork wrong and I'm still married.  Hopefully third time is the charm for the paperwork & the judge signs it.

Tonight I was SUPPOSED to go out for my karaoke birthday bash where a cute, dumb boy may or may not have shown up.  Yes I remember last birthday - so I gave an disclaimer that I was not to be held accountable for my actions.

I had big plans for tonight - I had visions of a short black mini skirt and whore heels.  You know, the 6 inch stilleto and 3 inch platform toe. I was going to the big girl that owns the place and just drunk enough to perform like the karoeke star that I am.  This was foiled by a cat with a raging abscess who cannot be left alone until Monday.  There went my partner in crime.  Then I started fighting with my ex who threw me out for the weekend.  Normally this would wreck my weekend.  Normally I would engage in Domino's Cheesy Bread and chick flicks  I refused to let this get me down anymore than I am.  I decided to go shoe shopping.  I am a woman after all and my party is supposed to happen next week. Turns out even the damn shoe gods were against me today. 

You see I have finally recovered from 2 broken toes, but even though they are 98% healed - they are now wider than before and the toe shaped has changed.   None of the whore heels came in wide sizes.  Truthfully - NONE of the cute heels came in wide except 1 pair that were more expensive than I was willing to pay.  I ended up with a cute pair of wedges instead and 4 pair of earrings because I was NOT going home empty handed. Not the whore heels I had hoped for & now my whole outfit next week will be changed to skinny jeans and I will just have to find a rocking top.



When I lamented my weekend woes to my friend SaucyWriterGirl; just as I do daily. She asked if there was room in my budget for whore heels. She knows how the impending move will affect my finances in a negative manner. I told her "Sometimes when life sucks - you make room in your budget for whore heels."

Walking home though- I saw a flower that wasgrowing through a crack in the street.  It was missing 2 petals, but there it was on the street flourishing nonetheless.  It reminded me that even though my weekend is sucking something fierce - I'm not doing so bad either.


 I just may doll myself up, grab a book & head to a bar with a book. Who knows - maybe cute wedges will trump the whore heels after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment