Thursday, December 15, 2011

I can handle the truth - the dare maybe not so much!

I have been told in the past my follies are very Sex in the Cityish.  Now I really think nothing could be further than the truth.  I mean the only thing I really have in common with Carrie Bradshaw is frizzy curly blonde hair & we both have no car. My clothes are from Target, my shoes from Payless and sadly I don't get paid for my writing. My Mr. Big is more like Mr. Big Boy.

I have only seen this show maybe three times and the episode that comes to mind is where Miranda needed self validation and answered an ad for a threesome.  NO I DID NOT DO SUCH A THING.....but that doesn't mean such a thing hasn't found it's way to me.  GOD I love online dating!

Now I should have known this was too good to be true.  It is rare that a cute guy who seems to have any sort of substance ever talks to me.  This guy was attractive, well spoken, used you're correctly (good grammar is SO sexy in my opinion), great taste in music and got my sarcastic sense of humor.  We had been discussing truth or dare and how exactly the dare part works online. He said he had a dare for me & it took 3 days of banter to get it out of him.

Turns out the cute girl in one of his pictures is his wife (of course he is married - I told you it was too good to be true).  Turns out they want a cool, sexy, witty, well read (I did just finish The Age of Innocence for the 6th time and am rereading Jayne Eyre) and smart (why yes - that IS me) to hang out with, watch movies with & play an ADULT version of truth or dare with and just follow where the game leads. Turns out - they want me.  I suppose I should be grateful - Adult Twister would just be awkward.

Really I swear these things ONLY happen to me.  They did try to sweeten the deal with an offer of pancakes and bacon in the morning though.  If the bacon is crispy....it is ALMOST worth considering.  I can't tell you the last time I had a pancake breakfast that I didn't have to make.

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for the next installment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, my well has runneth a little dry. I would rather wait for something worth writing or finally getting a date, than to just fill this with fluff. I do hope to have something for you soon though!

    ReplyDelete