Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Chapter - Literally!

All my life I have longed to be creative and artsy.  I have always been less than successful.  I got a D in home ec because I couldn't sew.  My 9th grade art teacher begged me not to take his class because my art skills were so poor - I did anyways - I got a big fat F.  I once made a 1 successful line of jewelry except that once I finished that line, I couldn't come up with anything original.  I also discovered a friend of mine was also making jewelry and her necklaces made mine look like macaroni necklaces.  I even took a photography class only to have it hammered home - I am not creative.

Then came along this blog. A simple little creative tidbit that has made a huge impact on my life.  I have gotten no negative feed back on it (although I welcome it).  I have been applauded for my brutal honesty.  I have been complimented on how well written it is. I have caught many of you off guard with a change in story style such as "A Letter to Me".  I have been told that a year from when I started, I should submit this as a humor book. Mostly though - I have been told how well people relate to my stories. I refuse to write to fill my pages with fluff and will only post if inspiration strikes or if I want to share. I want to be able to satiate my need for creativity while giving you something worthwhile to read.  This blog has gone a completely different way than I envisioned it and it couldn't be more satisfying to me.

Now I really don't fancy myself a writer. I'm an Irish Leo which means that I can tell an awesome story with a lot of flourish - that's all.  My  friend SaucyWriterGirl has been doing this for years and her dream of getting published has recently came true. She is my mentor and I hope to not disappoint!  She is after all the driving force that led to the blog in the first place!  My writing is still in it's infancy stage, but she is persuading me to expand the boundaries of this little blog.  To try my hand at a short story or two.  To pull my inspiration from my torrid past, to funnel my needs and desires that are not being met into a character that can have her happy ending.  To try my hand at a romance or an even juicier erotica bit.  Who knows where it will lead.

So my keyboard is my paintbrush and this blog is my canvas.  Here's to seeing what colorful creations I can create as I paint with words.  Now if I could only get past the 4th paragraph of the story I have started,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment