Sunday, February 5, 2012

Really? Here? REALLY?

Apparently my swagger ran to Yuma Arizona and decided to hang out with all the snowbirds.  It presented itself after 2 glasses of chocovine, 1 margarita and I lost count of how many glasses of Chablis. Karaoke at a dive bar and a chance meeting a man I will never meet again. I mean it is 2:57 am in AZ & well I am still waiting for that burrito he and his buddy promised to bring back.

He was 31, an optometrist and big word smart - you know how hot I find that. He told me the longest word and yeah I forgot it already. He embraced my geekiness. He used to play WoW and we shared a love of Star Wars and sports. We talked about Paris in May except I don't have a passport. He could intellectually spar with me and refused to kiss me because we were both drunk and didn't want me to feel taken advantage of. He was impressed my my fountain of useless knowledge brain and my ability to name a song for almost anything that presented itself.

I will never see him again. So figures. But hey - he had a date earlier that evening that he ended early with a hot ballerina. After asking him why was he telling me about a hot ballarina with a smoking body when I was not on par with that - he told me I was hotter because I had the brains.

Yup - in one week - I lost an imaginary boyfriend (who did resurface but isn't doing much to earn a blog retraction) and let an eye doctor slip through my fingers (I wear glasses - he would have been a hot commodity for me). Most people would call that failure. Not me. Watch out world - Kathy has her swagger back - unless like  the rest of the snowbirds- it decides Yuma is a great winter retirement community!!!

PS - if my swagger does stay - I hope it doesn't get hungry for barbecue after 7 pm on Saturdays!

1 comment:

  1. All I got to say is what happens in Yuma stays in Yuma. I can't believe we had about 10 drinks or more each last night.

    ReplyDelete